Non-Equity Call for Houston Production of
EDITH CAN SHOOT THINGS AND HIT THEM
by A. Rey Pamatmat
Directed by Đạt Peter Ton
Video Auditions Accepted through Oct. 2, 2021
ALL CHARACTERS MUST BE ADULT ACTORS–MUST READ YOUNGER.
- Filipino-American, or Asian American, male identifying actor
- Filipino-American, or Asian American, female identifying actor
- Male identifying actor, any race
We will receive online submissions through October 2, 2021. Please submit your headshot and resume with your recorded audition.
Approximately 1 minute monologue
- EDITH– 12, Filipino-American, a girl, Kenny’s sister
- KENNY – 16, Filipino-American, a young man, Edith’s brother
- BENJI – 16, any race, a friend
About the Production
“Three kids — Kenny, his sister Edith, and their friend Benji — are all but abandoned on a farm in remotest Middle America. With little adult supervision, they feed and care for each other, making up the rules as they go, but when Kenny’s and Benji’s relationship becomes more than friendship, and Edith shoots something she really shouldn’t shoot, the formerly indifferent outside world comes bargaining in whether they want it to or not.”